In the 20s Louis Pierre Bresset becomes passionate about art and antiques from the Haute Epoque. His uncle , specialized in painting, is his mentor and teacher and in 1927 Louis Pierre opens his first gallery in Marseille.
His two sons , Edouard and Gabriel studied in Marseille at the Ecole des Beaux Arts ( school of Fine Art) and then decided to open an Art Gallery in Paris , followed by their father in the 50s.
Edouard moves to 5 quai Voltaire opposite the Louvre in 1954. Gabriel and his father choose the Rue des Saint Peres in 1956 and finally the Boulevard Saint Germain to open their business.
At his beginnings Edouard purchased the prestigious Haute Epoque collection of Gustave Eiffel and his reputation grew from strength to strength.
He got involved in the organisation of the Syndicat National des Antiquaires (syndicate for Art dealers) and became their treasurer in 1975 then Vice President for the next 20 years. President of the Compagnie Nationale des Experts d’art de la cour d’appel de paris ( National company of experts for the court of appeal in Paris) Edouard was also one of the founders of the prestigious Biennale de Paris.